This page lists the product update history for MEboost. You can determine if your product is the latest version by checking the build number in the About form. Mark numbers are major product updates.
Release date: 2/19/2019
Build number: 19.02.01
- Initial release.
Release date: 7/27/2019
Build number: 19.07.07
- Added beam diagram tool.
- Added tolerance calculator.
- Added system curve tool.
- Added pressure-head tool.
- Added integration tool.
- Fatigue Diagram> Added operating point to chart.
- Monte Carlo Tolerance Analysis> Added uniform distribution.
- Monte Carlo Tolerance Analysis> Improved output speed.
- Monte Carlo Tolerance> Added probability grab bars.
- Monte Carlo Tolerance> Disable adding parts until a model is selected or new model created.
- Vibration> Added range of damping coefficients with multiple curves.
- Mohr> Added option for plane strain.
- Fatigue Damage> Added options for linear, semi-log, or log-log interpolation of S-N data.
- Various bug fixes.
Release date: 2/4/2020
Build number: 20.02.02
- RSS Tolerance Analysis> When both minimum and maximum stack heights are specified, shows total reject rate in results.
- RSS Tolerance Analysis> Reject/acceptance rate at minimum stack height was reversed.
- RSS Tolerance Analysis> Clarified reject rate descriptions in results. Changed from “Rejection rate at minimum stack height, %” to “Rejection rate <= minimum stack height, %”. Changed from "Rejection rate at maximum stack height, %" to "Rejection rate >= maximum stack height, %".
Release date: 3/9/2020
Build number: 20.03.02
- Added shaft design tool.
- Added combined stress calculator.
- Added update links tool for integration worksheet functions.
- Mohr> Added maximum out of plane shear stress.
- Tolerance Calculator> Allow user to specify sigma range or set tolerance limits. Calculate rejection rate based on selection.
- Affinity Laws> Plot power on a secondary axis to better show curve.
- Fatigue diagram> Added ASME elliptic curve.
- Fatigue Diagram> Allow for negative mean stress.
Release date: 5/29/2020
Build number: 20.05.04
- Added hydraulics calculators for pumps/motors, cylinders, and fluid velocity.
Release date: 8/17/2020
Build number: 20.07.25
- Added gear forces tool.
- Added planetary gear train tool.
Release date: 4/30/2021
Build number: 21.04.09
- Added four bar synthesis tool.
- Added slider crank synthesis tool.
- Added four bar classification tool.
- Added four bar analysis tool.
- Added slider crank analysis tool.
- Improved handling of decimal comma.
- Fixed an issue for some machines that would cause an error when checking for the Excel version.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release date: 7/31/2021
Build number: 21.07.02
- Added 1D/2D/3D worst case tolerance analysis tool.
- Added 1D/2D/3D Monte Carlo simulation tolerance analysis tool.
- Added number format and decimal places to 1D Monte Carlo tolerance analysis.
- Improved linkage synthesis algorithm for better performance.
- Added maximum error as an objective function option for linkage synthesis.
Release date: 2/27/2022
Build number: 22.01.15
- Added ability to use geometric tolerances for 1D RSS, 1D worst case, 1D Monte Carlo, 1D/2D/3D worst case, and 1D/2D/3D Monte Carlo tolerance analysis by allowing dimensions to be negative.
- Added tolerance limits to 1D Monte Carlo and 1D/2D/3D Monte Carlo tolerance analysis to truncate dimensions.
- Added ability to vary alpha and beta angles within a range in 1D/2D/3D worst case tolerance analysis.
- Added ability to treat alpha and beta angles as random variables in 1D/2D/3D Monte Carlo tolerance analysis.
- Changed 1D/2D/3D worst case tolerance analysis to treat each dimension as a uniformly distributed random variable.
- Added ability to find min/max deltas in 1D/2D/3D worst case tolerance analysis.
Release date: 6/13/2022
Build number: 22.06.29
- Added acceleration to unit conversion tool.
- Added liters/min to flow rate in unit conversion tool.
- 1D Monte Carlo & 1D/2D/3D Monte Carlo tools: When using the normal distribution, the mean must lie within the upper and lower limits (if they exist). This avoids sampling that may not have a feasible value resulting in an infinite loop condition.
- Bug fix in beam diagrams. When a point load or support was exactly at the midpoint of an increment, would cause array out of range error.
- Fixed form formatting issues.